Do I Need Email Intelligence for eCommerce?
Like all business, eCommerce is all about relationships. But without an opportunity to engage customers in person (like you do in a brick-and-mortar store), building a relationship can be a challenge. That’s why it’s important to make your email marketing as personal and impactful as possible. One excellent way to do this is through customer insight like Email Intelligence.
What is Email Intelligence?
Email Intelligence is the email-based data you need to learn more about your customers so you can develop communications that give them what they want. It’s fundamentally changing the way marketers interact with customers. And it can empower you to add more depth to your email marketing than ever before.
The mechanics of Email Intelligence are quite simple. Starting with your existing list of email subscribers, you can:
- Gain important demographic, psychographic and purchase data about your customers.
- Validate email addresses and scrub your list.
- Find alternate points of contact for your subscribers, including postal addresses and social media profiles.
At its core, Email Intelligence brings big data up close and personal. And personal data means more relevant, personalized emails.
How does Email Intelligence Fit with eCommerce?
The trick to building relationships with customers via email is to make every interaction valuable for the customer. That value might be an educational article showing the customer how to get more out of a recent purchase. It might be a coupon for great savings the next time they buy. Or it might even be a friendly “thank you” sent after a purchase.
Email Intelligence gives you the customer context you need to make the most of these interactions. With additional information about your customers, you can deliver even more targeted communications that go further to build engagement and loyalty.
With Email Intelligence, the data’s just the first step. It’s also about what you do with the data. For example, you can:
- Learn more about your customers: Where do they live? What social networks do they use? What are their hobbies? What have they purchased recently? And most importantly, how can you use this information to send more relevant messages?
- Segment your customers: Can you tailor your message according to your customer’s location, income, interests or recent purchases? What other criteria might be relevant?
- Connect with customers in multiple channels: Can you create more opportunities by becoming an omnichannel marketer that reaches customers through email, social networks and direct mail?
- Re-engage with inactive customers: Are there dormant or unresponsive email addresses on your list? Does this give you an opportunity to focus your re-engagement campaigns on those subscribers who are most likely to respond? (That is, those with valid, actively used email addresses?)
Imagine the power of being able to craft personalized, highly relevant messages for product promotions, new product launches, cross-sell and up-sell recommendations and even basic transactional emails. With Email Intelligence, you’ll become a smarter marketer as you transform the way you engage with your customers.