3 Smart Ways to Make Your Thanksgiving Email Campaigns Stand Out
1. Open for business? Help your in-store shoppers shop better.
If your stores are open on Thanksgiving Day, you are probably emailing offers a week or more ahead to build traffic.
On Turkey Day itself, or the day before, send a service-oriented email listing store hours, locations, special services, customer-service hours/numbers and any other information that encourages your customers to come in and shop.
2. Staying closed? Remind customers your eCommerce program is open 24/7/365.
If your company is staying dark on Thanksgiving, send an email-only special offer to encourage online traffic. (We all need something to do as we wait for or recover from dinner that day!)
3. No matter what your Thanksgiving email strategy is, say “thank you!”
Send a stand-alone message or make it prominent in a promotional or service-oriented offer. Include a simple, sincere message from your CEO/president/founder or whoever is most appropriate. Here’s a tip: add a photo to make it more personal!
If your stores will be open on Thanksgiving: send your promotional offers on Tuesday or Wednesday and reserve Thursday for your Thanksgiving greeting. This provides an island of calm in an ocean of promotions.
Bonus- two tips for email shopping success all weekend long:
- Test your opt-in procedure to be sure it’s running smoothly to accommodate your new subscribers.
- Make your emails mobile-friendly to accommodate away-from-home shoppers.