SafeToSend® Results File Layout:
- Unique ID: The unique database identifier provided in your file processing
- Email Address: The email address processed. For your convenience, all suggested hygiene corrections have been made.
Full Results File Layout:
- Unique ID: The unique database identifier provided in your file for processing
- Email Address: The email address processed
- Finding: A one character value representing the following result categories:
- "E" — Error. Incomplete email address or email address with syntax errors.
- "W" — Warning. Deliverable-but-damaging, deliverable but not best practice or hard bouncing.
- "V" — Valid. Passed all hygiene and protection checks.
- "D" — Duplicate. Appears more than once on your list or within our suggestions.
- Comment: Further information on the Finding value
- Comment_Code: Short code mapping to each individual Comment value
- Sugg_Email: Any suggested email correction will be populated in this column
- Sugg_Comment: May contain information regarding the presence of or lack of a suggested email address. Possible Sugg_Comment values are as follows:
- “Suggestion not SafeToSend” — AtData applied a hygiene correction, but found the corrected version of the email address failed one or more SafetoSend® process checks.
- “Suggestion Introduces Duplicate”— The corrected version of this email address is already present in your file or the correction has been provided elsewhere in the file.
Table of Values
|Possible Value? (Yes/No)|
|#||Finding||Comment||Comment_Code||Sugg_Email / Sugg_Comment|
|11||E||bad top level domain||DT||Yes|
|13||E||contains multiple typos||ML||Yes|
|14||E||ends with period||P2||Yes|
|15||E||double period in domain||P3||Yes|
|16||E||period following @||P4||Yes|
|17||E||starts with a period||P5||Yes|
|18||W||invalid email account||B||Yes|
|25||W||domain specific syntax error||XH||No|
COMMENT Glossary by Finding
- Finding "V" (Valid)
Submitted email address is valid, properly constructed, and legitimate.
Comment Comment_Code Possible Suggestion? Description valid V Yes The email address passed the majority of our SafeToSend® process however it cannot be 100% confirmed as deliverable and thus is not subject to our deliverability guarantee. valid SafeToSend® VS No The email address passed 100% of the SafeToSend® process. Subject to deliverability guarantee. customer override CO Yes Comment applied to cases where a parameter has disabled a flagging feature that would have deemed the email address as blocked/invalid. client exception CE No Email address matches an entry on client provided exception.
- Finding "W" (Warning)
Submitted address is flagged as a warning and should not be accepted
Comment Comment_Code Possible Suggestion? Description bad domain DC Yes Email address is associated with a domain with inactive mail servers. bogus XB No Email address with a restricted handle and/or domain which is a likely suspect for being a fake or undesirable entry. client restricted XC No Email address matches an entry on client provided suppression. disposable XD Yes Email address originates from a website that provides temporary email addresses. domain specific syntax error XH No Email address failed a domain specific rule, e.g. gmail.com does not allow underscores in the address handle. EMPS suppression XE No Email addresses belonging to DMA’s "Do Not Email List" (Electronic Mail Preference Service). Those who have registered have requested to be removed from national marketing lists. FCC wireless XW No Email address originates from an FCC wireless domain. frequent complainer XF No Email address owner is known to submit spam/abuse complaints. invalid email account B Yes Email address failed AtData’s deliverability check. Our proprietary algorithm utilizes our knowledgebase of confirmed undeliverable email addresses and email specific activity to determine if the email address is valid and available to accept email. language XL No Email address contains derogatory words. problematic XP Yes Email address is considered as problematic – includes spamtraps and potentially toxic addresses. role account XR No Email addresses such as sales@, info@ and webmaster@. Suspect MR No Email address failed our manual review quality control process. (Managed Service Only)
- Finding "E" (Error)
Submitted email address contains an error and is invalid.
|A1||Yes||Email address is missing the "@" sign. For example: "nemohotmail.com"|
|missing username||A2||No||Email address is missing the handle portion of the address. For example: "@hotmail.com"|
|missing domain||A3||No||Email address is missing the domain portion of the address. For example: "nemo@".|
|multiple @||A4||Yes||Email address has multiple "@" signs. For example: "nemo@@hotmail.com".|
|bad character||C1||Yes||Email address has prohibited characters such as a bracket "["or other unusual characters.|
|double .com||CC||Yes||Email address has multiple ‘.com’s at the end of the address. For example: "firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|bad top level domain||DT||Yes||Email address is missing the top domain, or the top level domain is invalid.|
|bad length||LN||No||Email address has less than 6 characters or over 100 characters.|
|contains multiple typos||ML||Yes||Email address does not meet RFC standards and/or has multiple errors.|
|ends with period||P2||Yes||Email address ends with a period – For example: "email@example.com."|
|double period in domain||P3||Yes||Email address has multiple periods in the domain. For example: "nemo@hotmail..com"|
|period following @||P4||Yes||Email address has a period after the '@' sign. For example: "nemo@.hotmail.com"|
|starts with period||P5||Yes||Email address starts with a period. For example: ".firstname.lastname@example.org"|
- Finding "D" (Duplicate)
Comment Comment_Code Possible Suggestion? Description duplicate DP Yes Email Address appears more than once on your list or within our suggestions.
Suggested Actions by Finding
V: Valid. Segment records by COMMENT / COMMENT_CODE values."valid SafeToSend": Message. Records with the COMMENT value "valid SafeToSend" have passed 100% of the SafeToSend® process and are subject to AtData’s deliverability guarantee.
"valid": Message cautiously, may experience some hard bounces. The email address passed the majority of our SafeToSend® process however it cannot be 100% confirmed as deliverable and thus is not subject to our deliverability guarantee.
W: Warning. Suppress Input / Use Suggestion if available.
E: Error. Suppress Input / Use Suggestion if available.
D: Duplicate. Suppress Input